|Location||New Westminster, BC|
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Application Deadline||October 31, 2020|
|Experience Required||3 years|
|Education Required||High School|
Accounting and Bookeeping
Full Time six (6) month probationary period
The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the financial matters pertaining to accounting, payroll and benefits administration, issuing T4s / T4As, accounts receivable, accounts payable, preparation for the annual audits, dental care plan and the production of the monthly financial reports.
Duties include: maintenance of procedural and information systems consistent with established policy, governing documentations (Constitution, By-laws, Minutes, Agreement) and legal or ethical requirements in addition to specific assignments or directives.
– intermediate bookkeeping background required with a minimum of five (5) + years experience;
– attendance at the bi-monthly Executive Council meeting(s) and be available to answer or direct the Executive on the running of the office and/or report on the financial situation and make recommendation(s), if required;
– labour course/conference registration(s);
– willing to become a Dental Plan Trustee and attend the meeting(s) and will be responsible for providing all the required paperwork and taking minutes at the meeting;
– LTD Plan Administrator which includes answering any enquiries from the employee/employer and providing the employee and employer with the LTD application form(s);
– a motivated self-starter with an aptitude and willingness to assume further responsibility;
– able to work effectively with a minimum of supervision;
– excellent group and interpersonal communication and management skills;
– proficiency in computer use; Excel, word processing / computer data entry experience (Microsoft Office) with a minimum speed of 65 wpm (please indicate your keyboarding speed and software experience on your resume).
– Strong use of Excel and the use of formulas.
Dental and Medical Benefits
Please email your resume to: