|Position Type||Full Time|
|Application Deadline||October 31, 2021|
|Experience Required||5+ years|
|Job Duration||1 year|
• Perform and document (in CMMS) all maintenance, repair and operational tasks of facilities systems including but not limited to: storage environments (fridges, walk-in coolers, die bank), hot water (boilers), cold water (chillers, cooling towers, heat exchanger), steam (steam boilers), compressed dry air, building envelop, dehumidification, de-ionized water, electrical distribution, emergency power, exhaust, HVAC, life safety, fire suppression, material handling devices, nitrogen, plumbing, vacuum, waste water treatment & general infrastructure.
• Participate in the Facilities “On-Call” responsibilities to respond to afterhours building alarms/issues.
• Attend to building alarms/issues/repair request by responding in a timely manner, troubleshooting, and repairing with a sense of urgency to minimize manufacturing downtime.
• Provide details and information pertaining to facilities out-of-spec to appropriate staff.
• Perform demand work orders as assigned and complete associated documentation in a timely manner
• Submit purchase requests for materials and tools as needed.
• Maintain appropriate critical spare parts as needed.
• Maintain work environment and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
• Ensure all required training is complete on-time.
• Interact in a professional manner with internal customers on pertinent work progress
• Provide verbal and written updates regarding status of work activities and projects to colleagues and Facilities management.
• Assist in safety condition audits and follow-up actions as required.
• Manage various contractors and associated training requirements.
• Ensure all tools and equipment necessary to perform work is maintained in safe working order and use is limited to qualified individuals – make repairs to tools/equipment as necessary.
• Ensure safe work policies and procedures are followed and maintained.
• Review detailed drawings to determine appropriateness of overall design before work is initiated.
• Support various manufacturing project by providing required utilities.
• Other miscellaneous duties as required
• Technical Diploma (± 12 years) (Building Environmental System Operator Class II, Operating Engineer 4th Class, Engineering Technologist, Provincial Trade: Millwright, HVAC, Instrumentation & Controls., Or other relevant discipline)
• HVAC Certification required
• 5 years Industrial Building Operations
• 5+ years’ experience of building operations experience with ability to demonstrate knowledge in the areas of HVAC, boilers, chillers, compressors, controls. o Mechanically inclined and adapt at learning with high level of initiative and attention to detail.
o Use of CMMS for documentation & reporting.
o Experience working in a medical devices or related governed industry an asset.
o General knowledge of building codes and regulations.
• 3 years Project Management
• 3+ years’ experience working with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize on daily work to meet established schedule with multiple projects.
o Ability to work independently and in groups.
o Computer skills and knowledge of MS-Office
Please send resumes to [email protected]