|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Application Deadline||October 16, 2020|
|Experience Required||5+ years|
|Job Duration||1 year|
Our client is looking for a “Health and Safety Consultant” to work in Ottawa.
Public health protocols continue to evolve almost weekly, creating a volume of regulations and changing protocols to review and incorporate into corporate guidelines and practices.
The incumbent will assist the client in developing proactive strategies to address new occupational health hazards with a particular focus on possible new requirements once re-entry into the office takes place, future psychological health and safety standards in the workplace and building an effective Teleworking program will require OHS expertise in both training and risk mitigation.
Occupational health and safety demands would warrant that a full time and dedicated Health and Safety Practitioner be retained for an initial period of 12 months to:
– Conduct a review of current OH&S program, policies, and processes to ensure full compliance with the OHSA
– Identify any gaps with current state and develop and implement mitigation strategies to ensure full compliance
– Ensure client is mitigating the significant risks of post COVID shutdown environment by assessing, reviewing, developing, and implementing new programs, new protocols and heightened monitoring and tracking of compliance and metrics
– Navigate new legislative requirements and build a framework to set client up for success going forward
– Provide guidance, expertise, and knowledge transfer where needed to the existing employees involved in health and safety at client
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
– Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline
– 5+ years of experience providing Health and Safety services in the professional services/private sector/IT industry
– CRSP designation
– MUST be very familiar and confident with OHSA, legislation and standards
– MUST be able work independently
To apply, send your resume to: