|Job Category||Office Admin & Legal|
|Application Deadline||August 28, 2020|
Our client is looking for a “IT Portfolio Manager” to work in Kanata.
BEFORE you proceed to the job description…
– You must hold a valid Security Clearance of Reliability level or is willing to obtain one.
– You must provide 2 professional references we can contact before client review as a requirement.
– Project Portfolio Guidelines and Procedures
o Document and enhance existing guidelines and procedures
o Develop and document new guidelines, procedures and tools
o Lead multiple teams through working sessions to ensure alignment and delivery of enterprise portfolio deliverables per the portfolio maturity model and plan
– Project Portfolio Management Tool Adoption
o Lead the adoption of an enterprise PPM tool by documenting existing processes, future desired processes, configuration requirements, system integration points, data migration requirements, number of licenses, etc.
o Lead working groups and session to define the above and ensure alignment
o Develop a project plan to execute the adoption requirements and report to the Director of Portfolio Management on progress against plan and any associated risks and issues
– Project Portfolio Management
o Oversee a portfolio of projects and provide Senior Management an overview report of milestones, interdependencies, risks and issues against plans
o Work closely with Senior Project and Program Managers to obtain reporting requirements as per above
o Assist as required in leading meetings to integrate projects and stakeholders to deliver expected portfolio results
– Prepare reports and other presentation materials related to the above responsibilities as required
Hiring Manager is looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years of Experience in Portfolio Management. This means that selected candidate has a previous in Project and Program Management in order to fulfill the requirements below.
– A minimum of 5 years of experience in the following:
o Maturing project, program or portfolio processes through maturity models
o Establishing new project portfolio processes, enhancements and documentation of existing processes
o Leading the adoption of enterprise-wide project or portfolio management tool by documenting existing processes, future desired processes, configuration requirements, system integration points, data migration requirements, number of licenses, etc.
o Overseeing a portfolio of projects in order to manage interdependencies, milestones, risks, issues, etc.
o Managing complex projects in excess of $2M
o Leading teams through working sessions in capturing requirements, ensuring alignments and producing final outputs for approval
o Working closely with Senior Management at the executive level (Director and above) to execute complex plans and projects and report on progress as required
SKILLS – ABILITIES:
– Possess exceptional verbal and written skills
– Willingness to work in a collaborative environment, as well as the ability to work independently
– Attention to detail
– Think through challenging and interesting problems and be a problem solver
– Confident in bringing ideas to the table
– Ability to work with tight timelines
– Willingness to learn
– Positive Attitude!
– Senior level knowledge of project portfolio management processes and industry best practices
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, Word, and proficient in the use of Excel and MS Project
– Education: University Degree in Engineering, Technology, Project Management, Business or related field
– Certifications: PMP, Agile
– Demonstrated experience in teaching/ training project program or portfolio management principles
Nice to have:
– Knowledge of SharePoint
– College Diploma is a minimum or higher preferred
To apply, send your resume to: