|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Application Deadline||October 30, 2020|
|Experience Required||5+ years|
Our client is looking for a “Senior Teradata Data Architect” to work in Toronto or Ottawa.
Working in the Data Analytics Team under Enterprise Architecture, the Data Architect provides consultation and expertise to drive the data architecture function. He/she establishes principles and long-term strategy for master data governance and data management to help the organization meet long-term goals for leveraging core master data assets to create value and mitigate potential costs due to improper handling of data.
This short term contract will integrate data from our SAS source system into our Teradata Data Warehouse ensuring best practices and standards are followed. This individual will work with the end user to understand business requirements and identify appropriate data solutions. This role ensures the application of the models and standards by providing the development, analysis, design, and management of our SAS data sources in support of clinical process and efficiency improvement initiatives. The Data Architect also has in depth expertise with data security, data modeling, storage solutions, database virtualization and replication as well as other complex technical tools and solutions. The Data Architect is familiar with both on-prem and Cloud solutions.
– Provide guidance and basic principles to projects to assist efficient management of data assets
– Provide end-to-end vision and knowledge to projects to help them better design solutions from a data perspective
– Close the gap between the technical and high-level business requirements from a data perspective by effectively communicating to business owners and technical teams
– Partner with the Data Governance office to Implement and oversee enterprise data governance and data management program from companys responsibilities
– Establish and oversee basic data modeling principles
– Design data architectures, design and build complex relational databases and data warehouses to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements
– Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database
– Identify database tuning optimization opportunities, provide suggestions on database performance improvement to the application support and/project development teams
– Develop Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data
– Provide expertise, guidance and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization
– Utilize industry & competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business
– Implement Relational and multi-dimensional database solutions using available database development tools
– Ensure our Data Acquisition strategy moves towards an Integrated EDW
– Teradata required
– Data management: significant experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, Teradata. or others; established and recognized area(s) of expertise in data standards and database products; strong data management skills including relationships and conversion requirements
NICE TO HAVE
– Established and recognized area(s) of expertise in Data Management
– Relationship management with reports, peers, clients
– End-to-End vision encompassing lateral thinking
– Strong communication skills at the Senior Leadership level
– Client Management: can consolidate business requirements and translate them into sound solution architecture
– Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross application context
– Application development: knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages
– Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments
– Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration
– Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain
– Excellent understanding of technologies (current and emerging)
– Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
– 5 + years EDW related experience
– 5+ years of experience in architecting and modeling the integration of data into an EDW
– Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Data Architect.
– Minimum 5-8 years experience in progressively advancing roles within IT.
– Teradata expertise
– Stored procedures
– Teradata Utilities
– Semantic Modelling
Candidate must –
1. Hold a Security Clearance of Reliability level or is willing to obtain one.
2. Provide 2 professional references to contact prior to client review.
If interested, send your resume to: