|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Application Deadline||December 31, 2019|
|Experience Required||5+ years|
|Job Duration||6 months|
Our client in Telecom industry is seeking a SS – BS – AS – Project Manager Senior in Mississauga.
The Company is looking for a Project Manager, Cyber Security to oversee the direction and management of cyber threats, responses, capabilities and protection.
The Project Manager, will be responsible for:
Ø Security Operations, which includes a team of security specialists that will identify, investigate and remediate security events;
Ø Security Processes, including their creation, updating and adherence to reduce the risk of security threats to the business; and
Ø Security Planning and Projects, including the creation of a roadmap for planning and budgeting purposes and the initiation and program management of security related projects.
· Manage the security incident responses, which includes liaising with Senior Executives, IT Security and vendors, assessing vulnerabilities to ensure their correct classification and ensuring a plan is put in place and followed through for a swift resolution to Critical, High and Medium severity vulnerabilities.
· Provide risk-based activities prioritization, tracking, reporting, and liaising with development, operations and business unit resource teams to drive remediation steps.
· Collaborate with IT and compliance team to coordinate the IT components of both internal and external audits to ensure security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies.
· Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed.
· Responsible for onboarding of security testing tools.
· Develop, implement, and oversee enforcement of security policies, procedures and work plans based on industry best practices.
· Work with IT Security to design and implement a sSDLC (secure Software Development LifeCycle)
· Develop a culture that stays current on the latest cyber security trends, emerging technologies, threats, and incorporate appropriate safeguards into Security Program.
Security Planning and Projects
· Design, implement, and maintain cyber security plan.
· Developing an evaluation method to assess the security program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
· Research and evaluate new cybersecurity threats, IT trends and security controls.
· Initiate, oversee and report on projects that will improve the security stance.
· Support the planning and the decision support process for the security program, coordinating with a variety of internal stakeholders & meeting regularly with senior executives.
· Manage Security Team staff including the hiring and onboarding process.
· Ensure Security Team staff receive appropriate training to stay current.
· Mentor Security Team staff to ensure continued growth.
· Perform regular reviews with Security Team staff to reinforce their understand of their roles and ensure that all team members are working together towards the common goal of a secure environment.
· Develop a budget and operating plan for the security program.
· Update and report on the program budget on a monthly basis.
Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems Security or related field. Master’s degree is an asset.
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certifications are assets. ITIL v3 and other IT, security or management certifications are also an asset.
· Experience with Application Security and Vulnerability Management programs that leverage SAST, DAST, network vulnerability scanners, etc.
· Experienced in:
o managing threat response;
o instituting cyber security and risk metrics for reporting;
o establishing security processes to reduce business risk;
o creating roadmaps that include architectural improvements and projects in order to reduce the security threat footprint.
· Demonstrated management skills, such as budget development and administration, policy development and implementation, personnel administration, staff training and development.
· Leading by example and ability to transfer your knowledge of cyber security best practices, tools and processes to your team members and other staff.
· Since the position entails working with sensitive and confidential information, a high level of integrity is required.
· Well-developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify risks and propose appropriate mitigation strategies, where required.
· Strong organizational skills to facilitate management of and tracking large volumes of data, activities, findings and changes.
· Ability to effectively communicate and foster strong working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization as well as external contacts.
· Multitasking in high stress situations while ensuring that no details are missed.
· Exercising good judgement when dealing with issues and ensuring a sense of urgency in their resolution while remaining calm and focused.
· Taking the initiative and working proactively with minimal supervision.
Candidate required at 5099 Creekbank (Mississauga) on-site Top 3 qualifications of the candidate are ? Security Operations, which includes a team of security specialists that will identify, investigate and remediate security events; ?? Security Processes, including their creation, updating and adherence to reduce the risk of security threats to the business; and ? Security Planning and Projects, including the creation of a roadmap for planning and budgeting purposes and the initiation and program management of security related projects.
Candidates must be in Canada and with valid work permit for being able to apply for this role.
Please reply to: